Buccaneer 24 Builders Forum

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by oldsailor7, Jul 22, 2009.

1. eric e

eric e Junior Member

they are big pics, shot with a digital slr then resized down from 4200? pix across to only 1920? across good for saving and studying later for buc24v comparos

some site software would resize, it appears boat design's does not

have plenty more but don't want to clutter your screens

2. Boat Design Net Moderator

Boat Design Net Moderator Moderator

Thanks very much for sharing the photos, and sorry for any inconvenience. Currently if you use the attachment function (on the full reply screen, or click go advanced on the quick reply and then manage attachments), it will create thumbnails linked to the high-res version, but the bbcode IMG function shows photos at their native resolution. You can also just post a link to large photos too.

(To date, this was because very large bbcode embedded images would suck up a lot of bandwidth for any visitors on cell/sat/etc. connections and slow down the page load time; as bandwidth becomes less of an issue, this will probably change later this year.)

Edit: 5/9/2017:
    BBCode image embedding should no longer stretch a page out of shape.

Last edited: May 9, 2017
  3. eric e

eric e Junior Member

yes, if post any more large pics best if just url to ext. link

4. bruceb

bruceb Senior Member

More Buc

Hi, I have been sailing my 33 :D and not spending much time on line.
    The local "26" seems to have been extended 18" between the crossbeams and a little extra back at the squared off stern. I have never sailed it, but the rig was kept stock buc 24 so I expect it is slower in light air, but should carry its extra weight very well. The water line seems to support my impressions. The extension was done very well, and looks as if it was designed that way. I think a complete station was added instead of stretching. The cabin is much larger than a stock 24.
    A 28 is a much larger and more complex design, the stretched 24 is still a small and simple boat to build and sail.
    The photos open and view fine on my computer:) Capricorn still looks great!
    B

5. outside the box

outside the box Previous Member

SharkSailor

You are most welcome.

I managed to find the prototype photo's of the Privateer bow as mentioned fwiw for anyone thinking of adding volume. The trailer photo is turning it around to go back in workshop to have stern section done and the beams is the last photo of the Privateer 8.5 set.

There is one more photo I can't find presently showing the original bow against the new bow section, I will try and find it and post.

The Privateer is built in the same way as the Buccaneer 24' however the floats are built in the same way as the Wavelength 780 in the last few photo's and how we do all our prototype work on the Ezifold folding Catamaran in the last photo.

Jessica and Team Ezifold

Attached Files:

6. SharkSailor511

SharkSailor511 Junior Member

Thanks, that's wonderfully helpful and much appreciated. BTW, I purchased the plans from your website even though I already had the older Buccaneer plans.

7. outside the box

outside the box Previous Member

SharkSailor should you need further details you can email me direct at admin@ezifoldyachts.com.

Jessica and Team Ezifold

8. freddyj

freddyj Senior Member

Got my buc ready to paint. Does anyone have tips for where to paint the waterline stripe? Maybe some measurements? Is the waterline parallel to the waterstay brackets?

Also, how does one attach a photo in this new forum? I am just dumb enough not to be able to figure it out!

9. Boat Design Net Moderator

Boat Design Net Moderator Moderator

Please click "Upload a File" right on the quick reply itself to attach a photo now.

10. freddyj

freddyj Senior Member

Thank you. This is a photo of my buc seeing daylight for the first time.

Attached Files:

11. bruceb

bruceb Senior Member

Those tracks are about the same place I ended up with on my old 24, and also on my current 33. Capricorn still looks great!
    On another note, the new owner of my 24 is doing some pre-launch details on it and it should be in the water by next week. He is planing on a few up-grades and doing some racing. 24s just keep going :)

12. Ilikeboats

Ilikeboats Junior Member

13. Ilikeboats

Ilikeboats Junior Member

Freddy: considering doing the same thing to another set of plans ,can't find the b24 plans i downloaded a few years ago, if he isn't around can someone else who still has them can they forward them (the old ones) so i can understand his modification idea so i can see if it helps. don't want to end up w spam here is a email i set up just for using this hijustmetonyATgmail.com have to change the at sign back to normal.... anyway love the idea of stretching plans to increase cabin have a small cat i want to build for inland cruising it might work for or i might consider just buying the new plans and building a Tri... Thanks freddy and old sailor

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  14. bruceb

bruceb Senior Member

Likeboats,
    IMO, I don't think "just extending" the 24 is too good of an idea. It still won't like much weight aft, and the larger cockpit, while nice in light conditions will not Buc26, 2012 026 (Large).jpg be as useful as you might think. I didn't have a cabin at all on my 24, just a nine foot long cockpit, and the crew still spent most of their time out on the tramps and floats. Me too- I had nine foot long tiller extensions. :) My friend's "26" has the entire back of the boat changed with a flatter run aft and a wider transom. Still probably fairly easy to build, but a complete redesign aft. The floats are also extended to match. It was rebuilt from a 24 by a professional boat builder. I think I would look at "Easy fold's" new version instead of trying to "stretch" the 24.
    B
    B

15. freddyj

freddyj Senior Member

Should I use a barrier coat under my bottom paint? Or will it adhere well to bare epoxy?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.