Buccaneer 24 Builders Forum

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by oldsailor7, Jul 22, 2009.

1. outside the box

outside the box Previous Member

Bruce
    Check your email especially spam as it may have gone there you should have five emails containing 44 files from design.
    Regards
    Toby and the team at Ezifold.

2. Marmoset

Marmoset Senior Member

That last pic you have up on Facebook page makes the new design look like a 32 coupe! I dig it. Well if a Duece had floats I mean!

Barry

3. Sailor Dan

Sailor Dan Junior Member

Does Old Sailor still sell Buccaneer 24 plans or does somebody else handle them now? I am trying to decide on what to build next. I already have plans for a Seaclipper 16 which I will build eventually but the B24 I think would be a better project for now
    Thanks

4. redreuben

redreuben redreuben

Sailor Dan, contact outside he box for your bucc plans.

5. outside the box

Hi Sailor Dan
    If you email us at inquire@ezifoldyachts.com we can organise any plans of the Buc 24 for supply as reuben mentioned.
    Regards
    Toby and the Ezifold team

6. outside the box

Buc 24 test mule float lines nearing finalization
    Update has just been posted in the usual place .
    We have also just sent the last plan set we had printed will get another 5 plan sets run off, seems there is life in the Buc with alot of people being especially interested in the test mule plans now, we are working as fast as we can.
    Have a great night.
    https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=212821925457790&refsrc=http://www.google.co.nz/url&_rdr

7. Sailor Dan

Sailor Dan Junior Member

I ordered plans from Toby at Ezifold earlier this week. Just waiting for them to arrive so I can get started building. The Seaclipper 16 I already have plans for will have to wait for now.

8. outside the box

Hi Dan
    As per email plans are on their way, the guys in design are busy finalising the freshen up floats (not to be confused with the Irens inspired test mule work being undertaken in tandem) and we are pleased to announce they will be available in both round bilge (built using flex ply to rounded areas and conventional ply to flats and gentle curvature with similar build process as original so fast-ish build process still) and chined as per the originating design. These will be made available as soon as complete along with composite chain plates details.
    Regards

j

9. Marmoset

Marmoset Senior Member

Gee when I said the r word I was almost keel hauled! Haha but seriously can't wait to see updated boat all done. I like the hot rod roof lines more and more each time I look at it. I suggest one black with flames! Haha

Barry

10. redreuben

redreuben redreuben

If I was to look at round bilges for the floats I'd be looking at compounding, what do you call it ? Like Tornado hulls.

Tortured, that's it ! Like my mind.

11. Sailor Dan

Sailor Dan Junior Member

Just thinking out loud here, if the shape of the floats was changed would that change the drag of the leeward float, thus changing the steering character? Would other adjustments to the rig, rudder, daggerboard etc need to be made to get the steering balance back to where the designer intended? I look forward to seeing the composite chain plates, anything to lose weight while increasing or maintaining strength is always a good thing.
    Dan

12. Marmoset

Marmoset Senior Member

I threaten myself about it! Then I think I chicken out and tell myself clearly it's a awesome proven boat as it sits. I know a easy wrap would go fast and yeah 2 less chimes to muck with and tape, but it is proven as it is, so again I chicken out. The chain plates are just a must do though to me. easy to do, ditches metal that can rot, and holes for moisture to hide in, just plain smart.

Barry

13. oldsailor7

oldsailor7 Senior Member

+ 1. Barry. :D

14. outside the box

Reuben
    Not a road we want to go down for this exercise far to many reasons why for a thread here. Not anti torture but feel a design has to start with that build method something the Buc freshen up didn't do. (straight from Craig head of our design team).
    Regards

15. outside the box

Dan
    Yes, Yes, Yes, you are 100% correct, but all points being worked out as the design is being freshened and keeping all critical balances and checks in place, a point to remember is the Buc freshen up is just that a freshening of lines and changes already proven by others etc not a complete redesign.
    The Buc 24 test mule however yes all bets are off with it, it has every thought on our tri design (in it's most simplistic form) put into it for our needs and is nothing more than a simplistic precursor of designs to come, will we make plans available with a build log of photo's to assist a home build.....
    Yes going off of the feed back we have had to date there is enough interest to warrant professionally prepared plans for the design as a stand alone basic budget build with more expensive performance options also available.

It should also be noted Ezifold Yachts are a prototype and development business first, a design office second and boat building yard third, we invest our own funding into each design's development and only release something once we are 100% happy that everything is developed to it's final spiral of the design phase. We do not subscribe to the glamor 3d imagery promoting sales of unproven designs for the home builder markets hence we build and develop designs coming through, slow maybe but the $ have never been our Company focus at this stage of development.
    Craig the founder and former owner of Ezifold Yachts had the same vision we do hence we purchased the company.... watch this space for further developments 2015 is shaping up to be a fun year..
    Regards
    Toby and the Ezifold team.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.