Buccaneer 24, Buccaneer 28 and now Buccaneer 33 plans are also now to be available.

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by outside the box, Jan 21, 2015.

1. bruceb

bruceb Senior Member

I am happy you are back with us! I assume you are asking about my 33- see it under the big pink sail a few posts back :). I decided to go sailing rather than make it fold. Between the cost and weight of a folding system and for me, the final deal breaker, I would have to raise the rear beam to make it work. The raised beam would have restricted my already small cockpit more than I am willing to accept. It takes a good day and two guys to set it up or take it down, including stepping the mast, but it is all pretty simple. I might still use the folding design on a Dragonfly 800 that I have added to my fleet.
    The 33 has been a lot of fun and sails better than I expected. It keeps winning races too, not bad for a fifty year old design.
    bruce

warwick likes this.
  2. SharkSailor511

SharkSailor511 Junior Member

Are the Buccaneer 33 plans available? I bought the 24' plans from EZFold, and have the 28' and 40' ones, but seem to have missed the 33' plans if they are actually somewhere to be found, downloaded and studied....

3. bruceb

bruceb Senior Member

Hi Shark, I am interested in what shows up here, I never found 33 plans when I was looking, but there are bound to be some still around. There were a lot of 33s built.
    On an easier note, I see you are in Georgia, I live in Atlanta and I have a 33 at Lake Lanier and my old 24 belongs to a friend- come sailing and see what a Buc is like. I keep my boat in the water and usually it is ready to go.
    Bruce Barefoot Open 2017-18.jpg

4. SharkSailor511

SharkSailor511 Junior Member

That's a really nice Tri; really looks great! I'll get in touch later this spring and see if I can sail with you on Lake Lanier.

5. bruceb

bruceb Senior Member

Thanks Shark, I am proud of it. Please get in touch, and on nice days, this is a good time to be out on the lake. Spring here usually has good wind and very few power boats.
    B

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.