BSOmeter's

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Zed, Jan 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leo Lazauskas

Leo Lazauskas Senior Member

Dr Barry Marshall - Nobel Prize for medicine for drinking ulcer-causing bacteria and proving every other medico wrong after being labelled a borderline whackjob. Slam dunk, Bazza! :p

Leo.

2. Zed

Zed Senior Member

Pioneer of heart surgery, keeping us white oppressors alive longer.

Chinese Australian and killed by "Asian assailants" wanting 3 mil, looking for soft targets I suppose. Talented man that made good in a country that provided the opportunity. A lot of our hero's are not Caucasian yet we are a 'racist country' in the eye's of the world. {sigh} Funny thing about racism, to be racist first you have to be white.... all else is "ethnic tension".

3. Zed

Zed Senior Member

That guy is way cool... errr so much for consensus in science then eh? One hell of an experiment :D

4. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Fanie: Superman, Batman and Robocop are all true Americans. Unfortunately, they are not able to take care of you guys because of trade restrictions. Apparently, the law enforcement unions don't want their members to lose their jobs. We got them a place in Hollywood so they wouldn't overdo it.

5. Zed

Zed Senior Member

There are only a few places that you can get away with dressing like that in this country, certain bars on certain streets. We think its nice that you have a whole town devoted to it!

6. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

we sure do

7. masalai

masalai masalai

3, and I will plead to memory loss due to age and booze - - - Ahhhhh - -

- - A collective for the Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gra - - could never see the point of wearing your underpants outside??? even the G&L don't (Thanks mark)

- - The guy who started "clean up the world day" an AUSSY of course.... Ian Kiernan (Thanks Zed)

- - And another Aussy, Doctor Fred Hollows (Thanks Zed) who believed that giving sight was affordable and his team gave sight to thousands of people in Australia, India, middle East and Africa, training local people to make the lenses and do the operation...

http://fofoa.blogspot.com/2010/01/living-in-powder-keg-and-giving-off.html for a better quality of BS

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  8. Zed

Zed Senior Member

Ian Kiernan ---> yachty and failed property mogul turned garbage guru (in a good way!)

9. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Is it really that bad over there Mas, I was always under the impression you guys were a clean bunch :D

Zed, that is an old one !

I'm talking recent, like I said after 2005.

Am I mistaken or are there no leaders or exceptional people off late ? Only trouble makers it seems ?

Lack of leadership and countries dwindle...

10. masalai

masalai masalai

Fanie, Ian Kiernan is still at it on a GLOBAL SCALE that means still at it and doing it...

11. Zed

Zed Senior Member

I wuz elpin Mas wid is memory issue!

12. masalai

masalai masalai

Ta - does ******** still baffle brains? - - Oh one needs brains to understand it.......:eek:

13. Zed

Zed Senior Member

I dunno, nefer had brains.

14. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

I'm raising the BS flag here. If you honestly think the US is more corrupt than the other countries out there, you're so ignorant and biased it's almost cute.

I don't claim the US is perfect. And because we're large and we're powerful, everything we do has consequences...some of them deliberate, some unintended. But we aren't to blame for all the ills in the world; it was an effed-up place untold generations before we ever arrived on the scene. And in spite of all the whining, we aren't responsible for single-handedly fixing the ills in the world, either. There are about 192 countries out there who need to stop blaming the US for all their internal and external problems, and start work on fixing them instead.

Here's the truth: we happen to be the biggest dog on the block. That means we get blamed for every tipped garbage can up and down the street, even if we were napping on the porch at the time. We get the blame when Iceland's amateurish investment policies backfire. We get blamed when a Jew kills an Arab, and when an Arab kills a Jew. We get blamed every time a Sunni blows up a Shi'a mosque, and every time a Shi'ite blows up a Sunni mosque. We get blamed for the corruption in Russia and China. We get blamed whenever any of a dozen South American economies goes in the toilet from greed, incompetence and corruption.

Hell, we even got blamed for the 2004 Indian Ocean Earthquake, and the resulting tsunamis.

And if you believe Confessions of an Economic Hitman is an accurate, factual work, I'm going to have to tell my local bookstores to start rearranging their fiction, non-fiction and fantasy sections in case you ever come visit.

15. Zed

Zed Senior Member

Troy,

Unfortunately the ignorance is generally within the US.

OK, one example...

Watch this presentation, if after it you feel secure owning a security in the US then, well, then I dunno. It's an illustration of just how endemic corruption is in your system. Follow up on Patrick Byrne's of Overstock.com's story, you will find that several class actions have taken root in what he has worked out about your capital markets, this is no fairy tale. I have listened to interviews with lawyers working on the case, they feel that the situation is so out of hand that it cannot be resolved without destroying the US capital markets. Have you heard of it in your media... I suspect that the answer is no.

Edit: Oh yeah, and there is an ex-marine lawyer, I forget his name who trying to chase down the organized crime links. It would seem that they have worked out that their techniques yield more and carry less risk in the financial world. I will see if I can find an interview with him... he claims it is huge.

http://www.businessjive.com/

As for the Hitman himself what he describes is essentially the mechanisms by which the US has operated. You really need to say a little more than its just a fantasy, I can't vouch for all he has written but it certainly explains a lot.

Just look at the way Goldman operates, how many people in government are ex Goldman, how much influence they have, the way they where bailed via AIG etc etc...

Just look at the way your laws are passed with vote buying riders left and right.

It just goes on and on...

Sure you get blamed for silly stuff but your system is corrupt and needs house cleaning more than most. You are not in this mess for no reason, it is the logical end to too many corruptions compounding. Everything is being gamed on so many levels it is just not funny.

Go back and look at the realestate boom, the fraud that was rife in that, bad valuations, completely fraudulent representation of income, bogus paper work, dodgy paper trails (hell the people who own the debt via CDO's normally can't even foreclose because the properties titles are lost in the ether between buyer and debt holder). Sure all of these things exist most everywhere but not on such system breaking scale!

You are seen as corrupt from outside the US... not on an individual level but on a systemic level, everything but everything is gamed to one degree or another.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.