Rhinomarine: multihull hydrostatics

Discussion in 'Software' started by Epoxus, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Epoxus

Epoxus New Member

Hi guys,

I'm trying to get GZ righting arm curves from Rhinomarine for a multihull vessel. For simplicity I have just drawn 2 rectangular closed volumes and subsequently meshed these.

No when I compute the hydrostatics for heel angles 0,10,20,30,40,50,60,70,80,90 it fails with the error:

'Failed to compute rollover hydrostatics. Check you surface normal directions and make sure that all 'open' surface edges do not become submerged during heeled hydrostatics...'

If I decrease the heeling angles (<15 degrees in my case) to the point where one of the decks is not yet submerged it does run the calculation. However I would like to have the curve to at least the point of vanishing stability. I did check the normal surface directions and these are all ok. Also the hulls are fully closed. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to solve this? Thanks.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.