my t craft

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by mrmc, Apr 17, 2008.

1. mrmc

mrmc New Member

I have just purchased a 1973 t craft which is in remarkable condition . the decks are all figerglass and the hull is very sound. (unbelievable) I guess they were made out of good stuff.
    My concern is- - - the floor has hatches with I presume are for storage , or bait wells. There are 3 hatches with holes in the back portion of each one leading to the next - - I presumed that they all drained to the stern where there is a drainplug. Upon my inspection I found that the holes actually were not doing that but when I inspected them wiht my finger I found that the holes are not internected which would allow the water to go under the deck portion with is under the storage hatches. Then I thought possibly that this possibly could be for stablization to intentionally let water in. -- I am reluntant to launch the boat until I know exactly what they (the holes) are for. My first thoughs are to interconnect them with piping so that any water in the hatches would just drain to the stern drain plug. (what a mouthful)
    Anyhow -- If some can steer me in the right direction -- - it would be greatly appreciated. -- thank you Milton l Miller Jr.

2. alan white

alan white Senior Member

Not to let water in. They are just scuppers for the flush hatches. investigate the drains and make sure they all lead to some place that makes sense. I don't know how much (if at all) your deck is above the waterline. This might determine if the scuppers drain out the transom or into the aft bilge where the pump can pick up the water.

Alan

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.