11' three part nesting pram

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Tony Eaton, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Tony Eaton

Tony Eaton Junior Member

I little over a year ago I "finished" this project. At some point I gave up on making it look pretty, but at least she floats.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. rwatson

rwatson Senior Member

Attached Files:

3. Tony Eaton

Tony Eaton Junior Member

Thanks for the response and link.

I want the 3 part kayak ;-) Some days I am tempted to cut my pirogue in 3 pieces and glue some bulkheads in so I can "bolt it up". I may build a nesting pirogue at some point although I am not sure how many small boats one man needs?

My biggest regret with this pram is making it 4' wide. If I were to do all over I'd make it 3'6" or so, so that it would easily fit in most SUVs/Minivans. Then again, at its current width it will still easily fit in the back of a pickup with the tailgate closed, and I can climb into it from the side from deep water w/o taking on any water even with a couple people on board.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.