OTB Trimarans

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by joz, Jan 22, 2010.

1. joz

joz Senior Member

Just woundering who sails trimaran dinghies here and what their experiences are with such machines whether they be the Weta or Int 3 Mt class or any other dinghy trimaran class in all weather conditions in Bays, Lakes & Esturaies.

Any help would be much appreciated.

2. Corley

Corley epoxy coated

I've sailed my supernova otb trimaran frequently on Port Phillip Bay it's a comfortable boat well thought out and goes really well with a strong breeze, in a light breeze it feels underpowered and could use more sail area it loves the big waves I've sailed it often like a surfcat and it performs beautifully even without it's board down through the surf, it's never given me a hint of anxiety in 2-3m waves and I often wonder how much wind you would need to capsize the thing it would take a lot!! Low buoyancy floats mean you spend most of your time near the cockpit unless the wind is really blowing, the boat is 10ft wide so plenty of righting moment when your hiked.

3. joz

joz Senior Member

thanks corley for that

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.