Volvo 280DP electric lift broken.

Discussion in 'Sterndrives' started by sailinphelan, May 25, 2009.

1. sailinphelan

sailinphelan Junior Member

I have a 280DP (dual prop) and it has a mechanical trim on it. Can it be converted to hydraulic or does anyone have any parts for the mechanical one?
    Mine has a stripped brass gear and is missing the electric drive motor. Any parts drives laying around out there?
    PJ

2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

They are difficult to find. Have you checked ebay?

3. sailinphelan

I will check around. Does anyone know if the mechanical lift can be upgraded to a hydraulic lift? I could use some props too.
    I am installing a little Perkins diesel in place of the gas motor, so pitch on the props might need to be tweeked a little.
    PJ

4. zorton01

zorton01 Junior Member

Hi,

I think there´s an hydraulic adaptor kit for this drive, do you have an engine AQ250?, 250A?, 230¿¿¿

5. sailinphelan

It currently has a 351 Ford engine, I am converting it to a Perkins 4-108 diesel.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.