Boxy Fisher Catamaran

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by Fanie, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Manie -

Please don't mention that crap to me again. I tell you now **** them and **** their laws.

Sorry about that. I get kicked in the groin only once. The people making some of the regulations there has no clue what they are doing.
    This is only a money making raquet, they have no concern for you or your property.
    More and more monopolies are established, you even HAVE to use THEIR nav lights. Evert heard of such redicule ?
    They think they own the sea, last time I was legal to go out and they refused. Afterwards no one was responsible and the shits at the coast denied we were there - 5 families that wasn't there. Next time I'll take a laywer with, one who throths around the mouth.

There are so may things wrong with their setup it's not even funny. If you point it out to them they are too high and mighty to listen.

Who is in charge of all this **** they think up ? Marthinus van Schalkwyk ?

I'm taking my business elsewhere in any case.

2. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

My son left to live on the isle of the Irish yesterday. He's been there before with the girlfriend, seems the accent is something natural, he doesn't swear in front of me, but one little hidden fooken slipped out. I bet he didn't notice I noticed :D

Mmmm.... abandoned and left alone on this god forsaken dark (or is it black ?) africa. Just me, Zooooohhhmaaaahhh and monkey Moooo-gabe - and they outvote me.

One less reason to live here...

3. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Try to get out alive. Our prayers are with you.

4. masalai

masalai masalai

Fanie, best of luck in your escape - - to what? the rest of the world is not exactly ........... you guess.......

5. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

Oh well Fanie
    the moments of truth are finally upon us

you WILL see the massive exodus of young people over the next 4 years
    both mine will be gone as well during this period
    and my attitude is that if i am going to have nothing here i might as well go and have nothing there, across the big blue - where ever that may be.

Absolute fact of the matter is that South Africa, will not have ANY "educated" or trained white people between the age of 22 and 38 years
    The absolute joke of jokes is that the educated BLACKS are leaving as well.
    My daughter wrote matric last year and is now doing chemical engineering at Tuks, her black school mates are all making plans to get going once they are finished with their studies.
    My sons mates who graduated last year and this year are all being sucked up by the Ozzies, their sheet farming neighbours and many of the "far east" countries

sad but true - "D" day has arrived and we are saying farewell to our children
    and it eats me up - it feels like my heart is being ripped out

6. masalai

masalai masalai

And so with tears in our eyes, we close one chapter on the book of life and begin the next adventure - so farkin what... :?: I 'metamorphose' quite regularly... It is good to be able to accept life's challenges for what they are - - OPPORTUNITIES:!:

7. Itchy&Scratchy

Itchy&Scratchy Senior Member

Fanie and Manie

Ive said it before guys and Ill say it again.
    The grass is not always greener on the other side..
    J

8. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

9. Itchy&Scratchy

Itchy&Scratchy Senior Member

Lol Manie, at least you still have your sense of humour.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  10. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Aye Itchy, it's all a matter of what you can live with.

Today is the 15th, we've had two attempts to break in here since this year started. I've had two nights of no sleep. So let's convert that to a year if this continues.

They said on the tv news the other night that not a single limpopo province final year made matric, someone else also confirmed the same. Yet, their pass rate is like 60% ?

The problem is that our children that goes to these low standard schools and learn a different history than we did, think this is how things should be, and they don't have to put themselves out for living in a competitive world.

They don't know how it was before. Manie has it absolutely spot on. The thing that frustrates me is that the few whites that can do something is expected to carry everyone else and not at every one else's own expense. It is a real penalty to have a business or job you do well in :(

BUT - the wheel is turning, slowly but surely. Things may look very different in SA in a few years from now. 2010 is the turning point, things are either going to improve or get worse. If it improves we'll support it, if it goes worse, well then Itchy may have to leave again by following us :D

11. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

Fanie sorry to use your thread for nonsence, my apologies, but i would like to share my info with you as a fellow saffa

yes it sadly is so, once the 2010 World Cup Soccer party is over the **** is really gonna hit the fan.
    i have had meeting after meeting this week with my customers to discuss and plan the forthcoming years work
    as you know my customers are the "corporate" construction and building industry (the big boys)
    fact is South Africa WILL SHED another one million jobs this year
    we are already heavily indebted because of the soccer and new large scale government capital projects are very few
    as you probably know we are approx 8 months behind the world recovery -which is also a load of crap because the world is nowhere near a recovery
    so i have been told in no uncertain terms to buckle up and prepare for a very bumpy ride after June / July
    and with another one million unemployed = eight million hungry on the streets- its sure gonna be fun

batten down the hatches - the barometer is falling like a rock:(

12. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Hi Manie,

This 'nonsense' affects our boats and other activities, so it is important.

You are right that the **** is going to hit the fan after the soccer this year. I do however refuse to be dragged down by other's incompetences, I have things to do and I plan to do them, a trillion philamons or not.

Maybe you can look at deversifying your stuff a bit... new markets new business.

I think in the end the roles will be changed back again. If you're a water carrier you may try to be a builder for a while, but if the buildings keep on crumbling you will have to get a builder in the end - that is if you want any buildings.

We'll see...

13. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

THIS WEEK -

Nothing mechanical has happened, Still waiting for spares... They said Monday :rolleyes:

In the mean time I have designed a couple of boards -

First is a liquid level indicator. You can pre determine the length of it to adapt it to various tank depths. The resolution is 10mm or longer. Good enough to indicate water or fuel in a tank. Sensor power consumption ~1mA

Second is a finer level or position indicator, the resolution is 2.5mm. Same as the first one, you can make the movement any tength. I intend to use this one for the position feedback of the steering. The steering movement has a range of 350mm, so feedback is done with 140 points. No mechanical parts. Sensor power consumption ~1mA

Third board is the electronic steering control. It has a 20A H-bridge driver to drive the steering motor. The steering would be a 10k pot and the micro would adjust the position to correspond to the pot setting. There will be a position feedback indicator in the cabin if you want to follow the motor's control. Current when the motors are not driving should be less than 5mA.

Remember the boxy fisher is foldable. Mechanical cables would require to be removed, so I think it would be easier to just plug the steering in and off you go.

Another advantage would be that you can use a wind vein or compass module to auto steer the boat. I'm into fishing, not steering :D

14. seomul

seomul New Member

15. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

The steering wheel I intend to use is one I picked up on a scrap yard :D
    Serious, it's a Sony playstation thingy, quite fancy too.

Sure, why not ? It's light enough, I can plug the steering out and put it away. The construction is strong enough, the steering wheel comes back to it's center position...

I can either use the enclosed electronics or rip their electronics and put my own in there. It even has a gear shifter to... ;)

Installation is going to be really easy, you put it on someting :rolleyes:

You can sit outside the cabin and steer or take it anywhere inside.

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.