Catamaran Modification

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Howaya, Sep 11, 2003.

1. Howaya

Howaya Junior Member

I am about to embark on some modifications to an open-bridgedeck catamaran. One project is to build a bridgedeck cabin (yes, the hulls have more than enough bouyancy and clearance will be at least 28'). I am curious to know if anyone has ideas for, examples of, or experience in such an undertaking. This is a custom design that has no lines drawings to work with. If, for example, you know of software which permits a user to import photos in lieau of plans please enlighten me. I'd hate to uglify the boat in the process. Also, I'd welcome a source(s) of current information on suitable scantlings for this structure. I've heard Ron Gibbons' book the Cruising Catamaran Advantage might be useful. Hope the picture loads!

Attached Files:

2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

If you take pictures in profile, forward and aft, and then use transparency film to draw over, it will show how the changes may look. It is cheap and easy to experiment that way.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.