Bow type "bullnose" for a Pugboat

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by valery gaulin, Oct 16, 2018.

  1. valery gaulin
    Joined: Jan 2017
    Posts: 210
    Likes: 15, Points: 18, Legacy Rep: 7
    Location: Montréal

    valery gaulin Senior Member

    Comments on my design is welcome. The type of bow is called a "Bullnose bow" and the type of sailboat is called a "Pugboat", a cross between a catboat and a tugboat.

    LOA: 26 ft
    BOA: 13 ft
    Draft: 2ft CB up , 6.5 ft CB down
    Displacement: 11 500 lb @ 24 in draft, 9 500 lb @ 22 in draft
    Sail area: 550 sq. ft. (could use 650 sq. ft.)
    The dude in there is 6'3" tall.

    Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.