Bouyoncy of pontoons

Discussion in 'Stability' started by mcurcio1989, Oct 24, 2014.

1. mcurcio1989

mcurcio1989 Junior Member

daiquiri, thanks for the info I'll definitely check that out.

In regards to the wings aoa storage, I definitely don't have a lot of first hand trial and error experience here so I am just kind of basing this on what I have read. Initially I was thinking along the same lines as you. However what I found was that most experiences pilots recommend letting the wing behave as it was designed. Airplanes (non acrobatic) are typically designed to take something like 4.5 positive g's and 1.5- g's. Thinking about it this way, this airfoil develops about 1000lbs of lift with a 60mph wind and about a 3-4° AOA. 60mph is basically hurricane force winds and 1000 lbs really is not a lot of force to manage. Even small aircraft tie downs should be rated to secure several thousand pounds each.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.