bouyancy certificate

Discussion in 'Stability' started by colfar5033, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Well now. I've been telling SAMSA this for YEARS :( That's it Wynand, from now on you are my personal mouth piece with them :D

Could you please fwd me their contact details where they manufacture it please, I only have a Wattloo number for them.

Well done with the meeting today, but you can tell in your own gruesome details about it.

AHemmmmm.... Manie, actually I'm using it in my boats :D Look at my lips ;)

2. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Manie, if you do use the foam for a floor, how long will it last if you walk over it all the time ?

3. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

It will last quite awhile, but make it easy to replace. It is inexpensive so why not use it as a consumable piece of equipment, just as batteries, flares or even rope are considered to be.

4. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

If you walk on it barefoot the stuff will probably out last you, the 2 pieces that i use on the floor has lasted 5 years and still good as new just dirty, the 2 x 100mm pieces have been used to test the rammers on and have been on the back off the truck for 4 years with only surface cracks, that's why i say in a confined space it is the best flooring / padding. Soft and it floats.

5. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Have you seen my toe nails :D

Ha ! Have you guys heard what Wynand did :D

Aparently he tried to catch some shine in front of some chicks (of course HE said it was for the WIFE) but nobody married so long does something this dumb I mean daring :rolleyes:

The man stood up on a boat and attempted a back summersault. Aparently there was a drum he could have stepped down on but this he kicked contemptuously away and proceeded none the less. Now I suspect his wife was walking in on that moment, because what else could possibly go wrong ??? This disoriented him or tightened his muscles up because the rest of the movement was not completed.

Now If one have to make a landing somewhere you would choose the softest spot around eh, but not Wynand no. Just to show how tough he really is he chose a stainless steel prop to make his landing on.

I asked him 'How do you feel'
    His words was ' Ja well no fine'
    Can you imagine ? Me I would have complained about sore spots etc but HE says he FEELS GREAT:eek:

6. masalai

masalai masalai

Wynand, Fanie requested that I give you grief, I did.... Check your <user CP> by clicking the button at the top of the page :D:D:D:D

7. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

You only gave him half there Mas. Stingy bugger ;)

8. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

I was just thinking - if a small piece gets damaged, it may well be easy to cut a square, take it out and simply glue the new piece in.

Actually, I like Manie's idea. If you use this foam as a padding all over, it not only protects one from bumps, falls... whatever, but it also serves as booyancy with minimal weight added. While I sandwitched mine between the glass, I like your idea better the more I think about it.

9. hoytedow

The best way to do that is to cut out the old at the same time as you cut in the new piece. I used to install flooring and that is how we made the patch to fit. Lay the new piece over the damaged area and cut them together, a small rectangle or triangle then glue in the patch.

10. hoytedow

Sorry you got hurt, Wynand, especially in front of witnesses.

11. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Yes, that's a good idea. Since the foam comes in very consitent colours one can fix it up quite easy.

12. hoytedow

If it had a pattern like solid vinyl flooring, we would simply make sure the pattern of the replacement was superimposed upon the old piece, taped so it would not shift, then cut.

13. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Fortunately it seems mostly the ego that was hurt. Very lucky, spare parts for us are getting scarce. Althoug I joked about it (one way of dealing with things) one can only hope it won'y turn out more than it seems. I'll call Wynand over the weekend and see how he's doing.

You know us old fishermen, not much happen to us, we just change smell once in a while ;)

14. hoytedow

Yep, about every 3 days.

15. masalai

masalai masalai

Jeees and I thought that was a "pommie" trick?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.