rochester carb prob

Discussion in 'Inboards' started by saabster, Mar 27, 2007.

1. saabster

saabster Junior Member

hi guys hope you can help.im running a 5.7l chevy in my boat,which i have just put on a rebuilt quadra jet carb.the problem is that it is now poor starting,and when it dose start the slightest touch of throttle just kills the engine.i found that if i disconnected the linkage to the white plastic pull off on the side of the carb it will rev.i remove the top of the carb and it had
    no.67 jets in it?i should mention the eng.has larger valve.flat top pistons and a highlift cam(ran ok unit carb changed).
    any help would be grateful.

2. RMSOSF

RMSOSF Junior Member

two things,,,,,, your automatic choke might be set too tight or your float level is too high.

3. saabster

saabster Junior Member

thanks rmsosf will try at the weekend and let you know.

4. saabster

saabster Junior Member

just to give you an update,on the carb prob.stripped new carb and fitted larger jets and needles ,changed vacum and replaced with old one.the engine runs sweet as a nut now!but i have a small problem with petrol leaking onto top of carb by the accelarator piston.float level still wrong?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.