Bomar opening port gasket

Discussion in 'Materials' started by Steve W, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Steve W

Steve W Senior Member

I seem to remember a thread on hatch or port lens replacement but am unable to find it, maybe someone can lead me to it. If not,i have a boat in the shop that needs new lenses in 9 series 3000 extruded ports and have talked to bomar and apparently the oem gasket is no longer available,they do have a different gasket of which they are sending me a sample of but it is meant for use when you are just replacing the gasket, you cut off the old bulb and peel and stick the new one, im a bit skeptical. The oem gasket i believe had a lip that glues into the frame along with the lens.
    I guess what i am looking for is if anyone has done this same job and has a scource for a suitable gasket more like the oem one.
    Steve.

2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

What country do you live in?

3. Steve W

Steve W Senior Member

USA,midwest.
    Steve.

4. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

What do you call a "bulb".