Quality of friendship systems designs.

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Arvy, Jun 11, 2005.

1. Arvy

Arvy Senior Member

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone over here has ever used or looked at a design generated by the FriendShip Systems website? I wonder about things like stability, safety, comfort, speed etc. here is the url from the site: http://www.friendship-systems.com/

I am currently designing a 48' steel sailyacht which i will probably be starting to built next year. As I have worked for a yachtbuilding consultancy agency, I have quite some experience with a lot of designs. The main work i used to do there was creating cuttingkits (NC files) from designs, including the structural parts, hull, deck superstructure etc. But i have never designed a ship myself before.

Any input will be welcome!

Thanks,
    Arvy

2. sorenfdk

sorenfdk Yacht Designer

These things aren't determined by the software, but by the designer. He (or she) uses the software to design the hullshape, which together with the weight, weight distribution, center of gravity etc. are the deciding factors.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.