Bollard Pull Calculator for Ships (Excel Engine)

Discussion in 'Software' started by thenavalarch, Jan 26, 2014.

1. thenavalarch

thenavalarch Junior Member

Hi

Following the success of Bollard Pull Calculator for Barges, www.thenavalarch.com introduces an Excel Engine for Bollard Pull calculations for Ships, i.e., a conventional ship-shaped vessel.

It rigorously calculates all the forces on the vessel, viz.

1. Calm Water Resistance: It is calculated using the established Holtrop and Mennen formula

2. Wind resistance: Based on Wind Height and Shape coefficients from ABS MODU rules, and corrected for wind direction.

3. Wave Resistance: From DNV Rules for Marine Operations, and corrected for forward vessel speed using Faltinsen, 1990

4. Propeller resistance and Hawser resistance: From US Navy Towing Manual

Very useful in Marine Operations. It can be used to accurately predict the bollard pull to tow a vessel. The tug can be accordingly selected.

A youtube video demo can be found here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S73s4dapS8o&feature=youtu.be

To download, go to:

http://www.thenavalarch.com/bollard-pull-calculator-ships/

Write to:

thenavalarch@gmail.com
    info@thenavalarch.com

1 person likes this.
  2. hersegovia

hersegovia New Member

Bollard Pull Excell worksheet

Hi, I am designing a tug/pusher and will like to see the excell sheet but was unable to download it. Should you please forward to me thru e-mail hersegovia@gmail.com

3. ericyu

ericyu New Member

i think he is selling the spreadsheet.......

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.