Bolger single handed schooler

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by Chikokishi, Mar 15, 2010.

1. souljour2000

souljour2000 Senior Member

That's an interesting little boat you built there...What part of Montana are you in...? I know there are more than a few sailors there surprisingly... I think there is an O'day association or two up there. When I was really broke I just built mast/rudder rigs for cheap skiffs or old daysailer hulks and stitched sails from whatever was at hand and went sailing...looks like you already have enuff boat for that...big boats can be endless pains in the butt...unless your wallet is big....depends...small boats tend to get out on the water more..hell..look at all the kayaks flying everywhere on car-tops everyday...smaller boats can have a lot to offer certain people ...people have crossed oceans in boats the size of yours...have fun out there and keep us updated on your Northern Rockies sailing exploits...!

2. Chikokishi

Chikokishi Junior Member

I have a small photo album on my myspace page from when i was building the boat/ out sailing it. you can find it at http://www.myspace.com/chikokishi >> click my picture >> click on the boat album.

You can see the progress as i built it.. and my makeshift tools and work space. hehe.

If you would rather, i can also upload pics here with comments with them also. just let me know!

3. Chikokishi

Chikokishi Junior Member

I really like the schooner look, and if i can make a little 15,20 foot schooner that i can crew by myself, if totally feel awesome dragging a mini ship around behind my 4runner in summer!

4. souljour2000

souljour2000 Senior Member

It sure ain't gonna look like your average Montana drift boat back there...:)

I think thats the only kinds of boats going down the highway I saw that were bigger than kayaks the whole time I've spent in that beautiful state...drift boats are cool...I'd rather take a big one of those and make a cool row/sailer somehow with a daggerboard box under the rowers bench ...easily steppable mast and sail...you'd look pretty cool dragging somethin like that too...then you could drag it west to the Columbia River...follow it all the way to the sea...or go up into Canada in the summer...whatever...and still be able to drift down the Madison or Yellowstone easily

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.