Boiled linseed oil inside flotaton chambers

Discussion in 'Materials' started by minno, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Petros

Petros Senior Member

do not eat linseed oil that is not food grade. it will have contamination, and likely toxic compounds, as well as heavy metal preservatives, that you do not want to eat.

2. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Who said anything about eating, I use it for my complexion . . .

3. Petros

Petros Senior Member

PAR, you are well preserved, I am sure.

4. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Boiled linseed oil is commonly used on outside woods (like a deck once a year) and the raw is used on inside furniture. You have to wipe it clean and smooth otherwise it becomes sticky when it starts to cure, else you could get stuck like flies on these fly trap strips :) Imagine the news report when the fire brigade has to chop the family from your own deck :eek:

If you want stuff to drink, rather go for hemp, it's the brother of cannabis... you know... that herb that would put doctors out of business if it is legalized ? And if you get hemp rope to use in the rigging, you can simply dip the rope end in the hot water and you get hemp tea :rolleyes:

Excellent explanation there Petros, will give rep points when the forum allows (and if I remember).

Now before you comment on the dangers of cannabis, keep in mind that if you drink too much water it kills you too. Now go see what health benefits it has then you will realize why only the government may grow and sell the stuff.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.