aluminum boat floor

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by omersagiroglu, May 6, 2020.

1. omersagiroglu

omersagiroglu Junior Member

I want to fix the floor of my aluminum boat.

I need to make a flat floor but I don't want to increase the weight of the boat.

With which material, how can I do?

The floor we set foot in is V-shaped. It is very tiring for us.

For this reason, we need to make a flat floor inside the boat.

Attached Files:

2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

It is not possible to add a floor and not increase the weight. 12mm plywood with edges that rest on the hull and intermediate supports in the center will be the lightest you can build.

3. antonkov

antonkov Junior Member

4mm plywood and pour-in polyurethane foam. Only it may not be comfortable to seat as you will lose some legroom

4. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

Intrigued by how something might be added, but weigh nothing. I agree with gonzo, but with 12mm ply, I doubt any supports other than the hull, at the ply edges, would be needed, unless the crew are heavyweights. The problem becomes how do you get it in there, in one piece, with all those cross thwarts in the way. It doesn't need to be too wide, either, narrow means lower, and if wide enough for two people to pass, that is wide enough.

5. omersagiroglu

omersagiroglu Junior Member

Hello there. I secured the bottom of my boat with aluminum profiles. I fixed an aluminum plate on it. At the front, using the same materials, I made a closet. we will start the painting process. I will share each stage with you and ask for information. I'm waiting for your help. boat weight increased by a total of 40kilograms.

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.