Tender design

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Flysafe, May 11, 2020.

1. Flysafe

Flysafe Junior Member

Hello all,

I did this design just for fun because some time I wanted to do it. I made two types of build a kind of clinker built and a fair hull since the base it's almost the same.
    My idea is to make a model about 3 feet long, I still don't know if it will be static or RC

Bote 122.jpg
    Bote 136.jpg

All the best.

Dejay likes this.
  2. DCockey

DCockey Senior Member

Looks good.

Is the foredeck design with the flat sides and the deck cambered in the middle something you have seen before. I have not seen such a design before.

What software did you use?

3. philSweet

philSweet Senior Member

David, that is a pretty common theme in small boats. Especially classic runabouts. The side decks would be a wide board bow to stern. The foredeck would be fore/aft planking nibbed into to side deck.

[​IMG]

4. DCockey

DCockey Senior Member

I am familar with that type of deck plank arrangement. The decks such as in your photo have a smooth or almost smooth shape. Flysafe's dinghy appears to have the side planks flat and the center of the of the deck raised so that there is a kink. His id has location as Lisbon, Portugal so I am interested if that is an arrangment used in that locale or somewhere else.

5. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Nice looking boat

6. Flysafe

Flysafe Junior Member

Hello all,

Thank you so much .

I made like that because I like it that way, and give a sexy lines, the foredeck in the middle of the central boards it raises a little bit from the midlle to the tip 2 millimeters max that's why you see that it looks like a sharp edge, yes the curve of the deck follow the increases coaming way because I like it. A few years ago I saw something simalar in my research.

Bote 133.jpg

For a foredeck almost flat I have this ine and a few more.
    Rica aquarama special 018.jpg

All the best.

7. Flysafe

Flysafe Junior Member

The software I use is Rhino.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.