exterior mutants

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by potboiler, Nov 9, 2001.

1. potboiler

potboiler New Member

check it out
    andy.4masses.com

2. Admin

Admin Administrator

I really like your graphics - the are very good. The only thing which would be better is if the layouts could be made to fill the screen since I usually have the browser at 1280 x 1024, but what does your site have to do with Boat Design?

3. potboiler

potboiler New Member

yo !

Originally posted by Admin
    ok. i'll fix the prodblem with resizing ! may be i don't understand, but boat design is connected with web design, isn't it ?

4. Admin

Admin Administrator

I didn't mean to say it was a problem necessarily, as many many sites don't resize to fill the browser window, but I think if you can find a way to make it resize, or if not the main graphic find a complimentary graphic or background to fill the extra screen real estate, it will be even better.
    How so? Ours is a website about boat design (sailboat design, motoryacht design, ship design...) and we frequently feature websites which do a good job of showing boat designs and designers, but I don't see any boats or marine-related material on your site.

5. potboiler

potboiler New Member

wassup

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    sorry me.
    may be you can advice me some formus which will suit for me, i mean design forums ?! thx if you do :)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

6. Admin

Admin Administrator

Here is one place where you'll likely get some good comments:

http://www.sitepointforums.com/

I guess a question is who is the audience for the website(s) you want to do? Did you post here because you do want to do marine-related websites?

I also tend to ask questions at the forums associated with the particular html software I am using at the time - it helps to get not only general feedback from a lot of other webmasters but also talk about tricks as to how to get the particular software to do exactly what you envision (especially since you already seem like a pro when it comes to the graphics themselves). When I was using NetObjects Fusion I posted a lot in the NetObjects groups. The Macromedia Dreamweaver groups are also fairly lively.

alt.www.webmaster tends to not be a very friendly group, but there are sometimes some good comments there.

For discussion about servers and hosting a good place is http://www.webhostingtalk.com

And I also post a lot and get a lot of feedback from the AOTA forums at http://aota.net/forums which is mostly for site owners at FutureQuest but is also open to visitors.

If you are designing for a specific audience, then industry related groups may also work well for you, but I think you'll need to explain exactly what you want to do that is related to that parcicular industry and establish yourself a bit in the particular forum rather than just posting a short message 'look at my website' because with the latter people won't give you a chance and will just think you are broadly soliciting or spamming. I'm sure a search at Google for 'web design forums' will also turn up other good forums that I've not yet discovered as there are many.

7. potboiler

potboiler New Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.