scupper placement

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by Armand Salese, Sep 12, 2001.

1. Armand Salese

Armand Salese New Member

I have a center console where the deck drains thru scuppers in the transom and not into the bilge. However, when the boat is empty and at rest, the scuppers are at or below the water line. With a little weight in the boat, they're below water and can't drain the deck. Is this a common design?

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Sounds like asking for problems. Question: What is the design of the scuppers? Is the outlet a way below the inlet? An L shape? I can't believe these are just simple scuppers (direct hole though the transom with a flapper, in which case the question becomes how watertight the deck is?)

3. Armand Salese

Armand Salese New Member

The scuppers are a simple flapper design. The inlet is into the outboard engine well . The outlet is at the transom and a little lower than the inlet. THe deck is suppose to be water tight. It does not drain into the bilge. The boat is a 2001 Logic center console. I'm looking for some expert authority that could confirm this design is flawed. Thanks.

4. Stephen Ditmore

Stephen Ditmore Senior Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.