Boatbuilder wanted Thailand

Discussion in 'Services & Employment' started by pbury, Aug 12, 2014.

1. pbury

pbury Junior Member

Hi all

We are a composite manufacturing company located in Pattaya Thailand. We are owned and operated by Australian boatbuilders but are currently manufacturing composite systems for architectural projects.

We are looking to add a composite boatbuilder to our team. We need someone familiar with modern composite manufacturing, can manage a project and a team and wants to live in Thailand.

Initial contract would be for 3 months starting ASAP but would ideally lead to permanent position. Salary etc can be discussed but will be attractive.

Thanks

paul

2. tqfree

tqfree New Member

In reference to your post,
    My name is Todd Freeman. I am a boatbuilder with over 30 years experience in both sail and power boats. I have the tools and experience to build complete boats/tooling/moulds etc. from beginning to end. Also am a skilled finish carpenter. I have worked and lived in Asia (Vietnam and Tokyo)
    Currently restoring the Warner Hot Springs resort in Warner Springs California. I am single and able to travel.
    Please feel free to call anytime with any questions and info regarding your project in Pattaya
    Thanks
    Todd Freeman
    (760) 600 6540 tqfree@gmail.com

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  3. Maniek

Maniek Junior Member

Hi there.
    All my life I'm working with composites-poliesters,epoxy,carbon fibres,pre-pregs etc.
    Can send you my CV. Marian. mar-q@o2.pl

4. Andrew Pitt

Andrew Pitt Andy J.J. Pitt FRINA

Composite Manager:

The most cost effective would be to find a suitable composite person in Thailand or SE Asia. Have you spoken with the other yards such as ‘Aus-Thai Marine’ or ‘Cobra’ at Bang Pakong? There have been a large number of small boat projects come and go in recent years and many of the ex pat staff want to stay on. I know your yard as I built it and ran it twice, and the location is just right for your products. If I can help or advise just drop me a line. AP: InterYachtpm@gmail.com ref. www.InterYachtPM.com

5. pbury

pbury Junior Member

Thanks everyone for your responses. We have indeed found people locally. It seems that if you shake that particular tree it is amazing what drops out...

Cheers

paul