Simon Watts seeks former students and contacts

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Richard Watts, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Richard Watts

Richard Watts New Member

Dear Fellow Boat builders:

For more than 20 years I traveled the country teaching boat building in six-day classes. I am interested in re-connecting with the students of these classes (and my former apprentices from my previous career as a furniture maker). In 2003, my apartment was looted and all the records and photographs (more than 3000) were stolen and have never been recovered.

I'd like to put together a few of these photos again. So if you have photos or other materials (including your recollections) please consider being in touch. You can contact me at Simonawatts@earthlink.net and at the same time, copy my son, Richard Watts at rwatts@uvm.edu.

Hoping to hear from you!

-- Simon

P.S. I'm going on 88 so don't wait too long.

P.P.S. You can see some of my plans and boat designs here.

2. Angélique

Angélique aka Angel (only by name)

What a story Simon . . :(

I admire your courage and willpower to get started after such a setback, well done !!

I wish you all the best and lots of responses on your call here . . :)

Cordial greetings,
    - Angélique

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.