Boat Stability

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by dlp90731, Aug 15, 2010.

1. dlp90731

dlp90731 Junior Member

Hi everyone! Had a question about the stability of my 26' 1973 Livsay. The deck has been raised 8" to 12". It has 2 fuel tanks that run along the port and starboard sides. When anchored up or just drifting the boat seems very tippy. Not very familiar with the original fuel tank positions but would the combo of the raised stern deck and the fuel tanks add to this problem? Thanks for your help.

2. Submarine Tom

Submarine Tom Previous Member

Yes, quite possibly.

Do you have any pictures?

-Tom

3. dlp90731

dlp90731 Junior Member

Yes Tom I have lots of pictures. I sent you an email. Thanks a bunch.

4. Submarine Tom

Submarine Tom Previous Member

Sorry dlp, I don't do email with strangers.

BUT, if you post them here on the forum you'll get way more input from lots of different people with differing opinions...

-Tom

5. dlp90731

dlp90731 Junior Member

I have 7 pictures loaded in to this site. It only allows less then 5 mb of picture data. I will delete and try to reload better pictures.

Attached Files:

6. dlp90731

dlp90731 Junior Member

Tom not sure how I can attach these pictures loaded from my last posts in Feb. and March. If you look back at my posts the pictures are attached. If you can let me know how to remove pictures and upload more i would be in more debt. Thanks

7. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

Sorry - added the photos to your post above; a little bit of jpeg compression takes the file size right down; also the upload limit automatically increases when you hit 5 posts.

8. dlp90731

dlp90731 Junior Member

Ty Jeff for the help with the pictures.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.