Boat Speed Calculations Wyman, Crouch, Gerr

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by ryanonthebeach, Jun 11, 2009.

1. ryanonthebeach

ryanonthebeach Junior Member

Hey all

I've put together a boat speed calculator that uses the above formulas depending on weather the hull type; planing, displacement or semi-displacement. There are some dynamic charts to play with too.

Boat speed calculator

This is definitely pretty basic stuff as far as your concerned but if you have time, I would love to get your feedback and suggestions for the next version.
    I intend to incorporate propeller sizing calculations at some point.

Thanks
    Ryanonthebeach

2. ryanonthebeach

I'm busy looking at putting together a calculator for propeller sizing... does anyone have spreadsheets with the bp-delta data available? would be much appreciated.

3. ryanonthebeach

For others that may be looking I've found the Bp-Delta charts at www.sname.org. Search for The Wageningen B-Screw Series $40. I'll be incorporating these into the next version of the above calculator.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.