Boat identification + design input needed please

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by ericvj, Nov 27, 2005.

1. ericvj

ericvj New Member

I found this interesting boat a while back and decided to rebuild it. I would like to find a picture of one of these, so I can see what they look like intact. I've searched online and can't find any pictures or info about this boat.

It's about 24' and the title lists it as being a 1975 Atlantic. It's a flatbottom boat and was used to drag nets. I took it to a few building/restoration shops and they thought the boat was probably older than the title states (1960 give or take a few years).

The boat has a well in the middle of it that is an open hole to the water. Behind the well, a raised channel runs to the back of the boat. i marked the channel in yellow on the picture below. On the bottom of the boat, a fin runs along each side of the channel for the last 4' of the boat or so.

Short walls ran the whole width of the boat in front of and behind the well. I outlined where the boards have been cut out. I was told that an outboard motor was originally mounted on the front wall of the well. I assume a motor was also mounted on the transom.

I was told that the steering wheel was mounted in the bow of the boat (red circle in the pics).

That's pretty much all I know about the boat.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 2, 2005
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.