Boat Designers

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by SC1, Mar 11, 2005.

1. RANCHI OTTO

RANCHI OTTO Naval Architect

SEA SNAKE ASD

Hull > ASD (Arrow System Design)
    Length > 16.0 m
    Power > 2 x 1150 hp by MTU
    Propulsion > Arneson

Speed > + 50 knots
    Range > 250 n.m. at full speed

RANCHI Otto

Attached Files:

2. yipster

yipster designer

i like that aft side window :D

OTTO,
    one might say your sea snake isnt retro twenty's thirty's or fifty's but you do great work and thanks for steppin in here.

3. RANCHI OTTO

Now it is more complete....

RANCHI Otto

Attached Files:

• SSA.jpg
      SSA.jpg
      File size:
      1.5 MB
      Views:
  4. yipster

yipster designer

One guy has his bed against the engine firewall but otherwise you have space enough for a gangway to the stern also in your arrow design lay-out. Or a technician could place a big chair in there to work from :D thats 16 meter looking good!
    I looked at russian isotop 1800 turbines in the drawing i made, whats your opinion on turbines in boats and ASD under the sideplanks i drew?

Here is some interesting info i dug up on the subject and find back now on my pc:
    http://www.miller-company.com/explode.html
    http://www.metalwebnews.com/howto/explosive-forming/explosive-forming.html
    http://www.nd.edu/~manufact/ch16/sld001.htm
    http://www.pcth.com/capabilities/material_forming.htm
    http://www.fsb.hr/deformiranje/Explosive%20Forming%20of%20Metal.htm

5. Tim B

Tim B Senior Member

I'm with yipster on this one, to say it's 16 meters (52 feet long) there's a lot of space that is just air, go on, squeeze the engine room! and give us a bigger saloon. You might want to shuffle the galley a bit too. the hob is too far back. Try a U or L shape.

Tim B.

6. RANCHI OTTO

I have designed this boat according to the customer's requirements.
    He didn't sleep never on board because he prefers to sleep in luxury hotels with all facilities. The boat was designed for 2 person and he used the bedroom only with the engines out of service. The bulkhead btw engines room and bedroon has insulations against noise and heat and the structure (aluminum) have been designed in order to prevent vibrations in this area. The engine room was designed to permit to the owner to walk around the engines because his opinion was that so doing the maintenance would be more easily done.
    Why not ?
    Concerning ASD and turbine I think that it would be fantastic to realize such sea javelin. The advantages of ASD hull are specified in my web site and I don't see never against this modification of the original design. I don't know how long is your craft and how are the shape in the after part. The turbine needs a lot of ventilation. For low speeds you install normally a low power diesel engine. You need 2 separate tanks for turbine and diesel engine fuel. The turbine produce a lot of heat but all is possible.... Why not?

RANCHI Otto

7. RANCHI OTTO

Instead russian turbine try TURBOMECA France.
    Their model named MAKILA has a weight of 440 kg (basic) and a power of 1200 kW.

RANCHI Otto

8. yipster

yipster designer

yes that are rolls royce based jewels and turbomeca is involved with snecma. type makila has options too. russian turbines may be better priced though and i read some run on diesel also. boatsize I drew is about 15*3.5*2.5 here some pics of callan marine’s record boat engine’s and diesel driving a third prop. i imagine a genset could be located elsewhere turning the turbine starters or transmission for slow speed. water augmentation info i still wait for, more questions and fantasy's follow :D

9. RANCHI OTTO

I've seen the web of callan marine and their model equipped with turbines has in the middle 1 diesel engine.in the pic of the transom you can see the third prop. The static trim in water.......

RANCHI Otto

10. yipster

yipster designer

about "the design must be a bomb" you win 1e price! now i see your countour of the top lay-out above that looks like a granade shell :p
    at the marina today i noticed ASD like extensions on allmost all waterscooters, under or aside the hull, under the steps etc.
    it must be a very good idea :cool:
    for trolling that callan racer a third prop is ok i guess, here's callans cad drawing of it

Attached Files:

11. SC1

SC1 Senior Member

Canopy Design

Slide back targaroof into Goldwing engine hatches. :eek:

Attached Files:

12. RANCHI OTTO

First impression is that the side annexes are covered only the exhaust tubes and are out of water when the boat is running. They give not additional lift in the after part near the l.c.g. and they don't shift the l.c.b. aft.

RANCHI Otto

13. SC1

SC1 Senior Member

Yes your absolutly right about this RANCHI OTTO
    Side annexes are integrated to bottom design but gives no extra additional lift,(but your system could very well be integrated in this design)
    my idea was more to give an optical effect for giving hull/deck a sleaker style and a impression of "Bugatti outsiders for exhaust" on lower hullsides. :cool:

14. RANCHI OTTO

The design is very nice, I like it.
    Perhaps a problem would be the inclination of the exhaust, what about side water intake by strong wind...
    Not bad perhaps 2 wing shaped exhausts on side deck.

RANCHI Otto

15. SC1

SC1 Senior Member

Strong wind? I think there be strong wind out of these exhaust tubes too :D

:!: With 2 x 1600 Hp jet turbines...

Exhaust tubes from turbines go forward under cockpit and turns back out in lower expanded hull sides :?:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.