.OFE file format

Discussion in 'Software' started by jonathan, Feb 24, 2003.

1. jonathan

jonathan Junior Member

Hello to all,
    I am currently in the process of writing a web based hydrostatics program. I am using a simple text offsets file at the moment, but would like to be able to input .ofe files for ease of use (inputting a few hundred points by hand isn't for the faint-hearted).
    I know that AutoYacht and Multisurf both use .ofe files for offsets, but they seem to be different (i.e. comma-separated vs tab-separated).
    If anybody would have some information about these file formats and how to read them, it would be greatly welcome.

Thank you

Jonathan Foucher

PS: You can take a look at version 0.1 on http://www.marinetechs.com/hydrostatics.php

2. Mike D

Mike D Senior Member

Jonathan

I had a similar problem many years ago but not with .ofe files. The problem was that metric offsets used the comma as the decimal separator while English used the period (dot).

By the way, the link to your site fails and reports a 404 error. Then it opens the Home page.

Michael

3. jonathan

jonathan Junior Member

Sorry about the link... My web host had problems yesterday, and they used their backup of the web sites. This means that I had to upload the files again. If you want to check it now, it is available, but please be indulgent. :)

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.