Boat design.net on the French sailing press.

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Vega, Dec 31, 2006.

1. Vega

Vega Senior Member

On the last edition of “Voile et Voiliers”, one of the main French Sail magazines, they published a Guide to the best internet boat sites….. and “Boat Design.Net” is one of the few sites in English listed there.

They say about it: An iconoclast vision of Naval Architecture, version USA. Especially interesting for its discussion forum.

So it seems that you have done a good work, Guys.

As a non English native speaker, I would like to thank the patience and good will of all who are native English speakers and the general opening attitude regarding communication. I always felt that most people considered communication more important than the correct use of the language and that is a very positive attitude as it is the international character that this forum has reached.

I would like to welcome more French, there are not many as regular posters and France is a rich country in sailing traditions and home of some of the best boat designers.

Have a good New year’s Eve and a great new year.

Paulo

2. Poida

Poida Senior Member

Paulo

Inglish is my nativ tung. And I admire peepul from non inglish cuntrees that rite it betterer than me.

3. SailDesign

SailDesign Old Phart! Stay upwind..

Poida - how can you live in Oz and claim "English" as your language? Any eejit knows you all speak Strine down there....
    I live in the States and I KNOW thery don't speak English here. :)
    Steve "two nations divided by a common language..."

4. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

Hell we don't even speak it in England so what chance have you foreeiners got?

Seriously though if you saw what some of the schools in this country are producing you know I'm serious

(OK I know the 'Walrus serious is a little far fetched but I do try occasionally, usually fail miserably but what the hell! some enjoy it! Strange.....