Trawler "Pandora"

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Guest, Jun 9, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Anyone with information on a 33' trawler designed and built by Grant Robinson in Newburyport, Massachusetts. The name of the boat is "Pandora". I cannot find Mr. Robinson listed as a N.A. and I am sure this is probably a one-off design. Any information as to its whereabouts, condition, and owner would be greatly appreciated. My e-mail address is billy@regionalutilities.com.

2. Portager

Portager Senior Member

3. Portager

Portager Senior Member

Correction

The phone number provided above no-longer works. There is a recording stating that the number has been changed, but it is a doctor' office. They know nothing of Grant Robinson.

Cheers;
    Mike Schooley

4. Stephen Ditmore

Stephen Ditmore Senior Member

Last I recollect Grant had returned to New Zealand and was head naval architect for one of the major builders there - I think the one located near Alloy Yachts that built the huge Phillippe Briand design.

5. Stephen Ditmore

I think the builder is Sensation.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Hey Thanks S and P The boat I am interested in is featured in "Yacht Design", pages 140-141, 202-203, 279. Grant designed it and I liked the interior layout. YD did not have pictures of the fo'csle, tho. It is a neat boat.

7. Stephen Ditmore

The following came from Grant, who probably still does business as G.I.Robinson Yacht Design, via e-mail.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stephen,
    I am currently working as an independent naval architect in the Auckland, NZ area. I can be reached through giryd@xtra.co.nz
    How is the marine economy back in the States? New Zealands is ok but slowing down a little. I look forward to hearing from you.
    Grant

8. marcro

marcro New Member

Grant Robinson until recently worked for Sensation Yachts, he now works as an independant naval architect from home.
    His address is as follows: 71 Ferry Parade, Herald Island, Auckland, New Zealand. Phone 9 4166656

9. friend

Have you ever found Grant Robinson??????? i am an old friend from St Augustine Fl. who lost contact with him and his family ....HELP

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.