79 vs 84 editions of Gougeon Bros. book

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by GlacierJohn, Feb 10, 2004.

1. GlacierJohn

GlacierJohn New Member

I just found my old 1979 edition of the Gougeon Brothers book on boat construction, I had lost it for a while. While it was lost I looked into buying another and noticed comments that the later edition is better. For any of you who have read both editions; is it worth the money to buy the later version or should I spend my money on another book entirerly? Any suggestions on another book? I am interested oin cold mould construction, composite construction, polyester resin vs epoxy, fiberglass mat, woven roving, cloth, kevlar, ect, ect.

2. Not A Guest

Not A Guest Junior Member

I don't know what you want.

Dave Gerr's book has scantlings for those types of construction. Tom MacNaughton has scantlings for several types of construction.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.