How to do VPP in an easy way from a rhinomodel?

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Arvy, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Arvy

Arvy Senior Member

Hi all,

I nearly finished my hulldesign for a 34ft sailingyacht. Now i would like to do some VPP calculations, but it seems very hard to find an easy way to do it from a rhino model. Does anyone have any idea (or know of software) to accomplish this?

I know it is a design spiral to finish designing the yacht, but it would be nice to have a good starting point for the hull. I could also post the file so if anyone is interested in taking a look at the initial design that would be nice too.

Thanks for your replies!

Grtz
    Arvy

2. Chris Ostlind

Chris Ostlind Previous Member

Hey Arvy

Save the design as an IGES file. Then, post this same question over on the Software Forum on these pages and ask if anyone could find the time to run your hull in their high-end package that has VPP. (MultiSurf, Maxsurf, Fastship and Autoship from memory)

You might be surprised at how many folks would be willing to help as long as you don't abuse the privilege. If anyone responds, they'll be able to tell you how clean the file needs to be and what parts of the design are not needed to run the analysis.

Chris

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.