Helpful advice on Monterey Montura 190LS

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by Michael Olsen, May 20, 2006.

1. Michael Olsen

Michael Olsen New Member

Hi- my neighbor offered to sell me his Monterey Montura 190LS for 19,500. It seems to be in good condition but I know nothing about this boat generally and wonder if the price and boat are good buy. Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you.

2. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

Monterey's current models have a reputation for very good build quality; they're often perceived by reviewers as being just a hair below Ebbtide. $19,500 US is not a bad price for a fairly recent 19-footer. How old is this boat?
    If you do decide you're interested, the few hundred bucks for a professional boat surveyor's opinion never hurts. A surveyor will find if there's any hidden damage or if the engine has trouble lurking under its cowlings.

3. Michael Olsen

Michael Olsen New Member

Thank you for the reply. The Monterey Montura 190LS is a 2002 model and has 100 hours on it.

Thank you for your advice.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.