YDS Yacht design school

Discussion in 'Education' started by thedude81, Jun 25, 2021.

1. thedude81

thedude81 New Member

Hi is there anyone enrolled in the yacht design school who has completed some lessons and has any feedback ?

2. bajansailor

bajansailor Marine Surveyor

3. DCockey

DCockey Senior Member

I purchased the YDS CAD course and an educational Rhino license in 2009 and completed about half of the CAD course. It was helpful in learning to use Rhino. The cost of the course plus the eductational license of Rhino is not much more than the cost of a regular Rhino license. Note that an educational Rhino license is exactly the same as a regular Rhino license except it cannot be transfered to another user.

I have no experience with their yacht design course.

bajansailor likes this.
  4. bajansailor

bajansailor Marine Surveyor

Thanks for this David, very useful information.

Re how you completed half of the CAD course, had you decided by then that you knew enough to be confident in using it for your own work, and / or that carrying on learning by yourself (rather than doing a structured course) would be easier now that you knew the basics?
    Did you have a background in (eg) Autocad before starting the Rhino course?

5. DCockey

DCockey Senior Member

I reached the point where I was developing my own methods and workflows in Rhino, and was also using the Rhino forum for answers to specific questions. I didn't have any appreciable experience working in CAD prior to taking the course.

bajansailor likes this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.