Help with barge design

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by obi nwosu, Jun 23, 2013.

1. obi nwosu

obi nwosu Junior Member

Hi all
    Please i will like you guys to help me with the design or plan,for a double haul steel barge that can carry atlest 150ton tank for fresh water transport to sea.i am a marine electrician,so this area is beyound me.
    If the design can include engine and wheel house,its better.
    thanks;)

2. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

Hi Obi, welcome to the forum.

As you are a marine electrician and as you have stated, it is well beyond you. Your options are either buy an existing design, or pay a NA to provide one for you. You cannot design one of this size with your lack of NA knowledge.

We have designed such vessel like this in the past. If you wish a NA to provide you with a design, you may send me a PM and we can discuss further. Otherwise, good luck in your quest :)

3. obi nwosu

obi nwosu Junior Member

ad hoc ,i am willing to pay if the price is ok,but i will like to see a sketch of the design,cos i want to see if our boat yard can build it.we curently only build flaoting barge with acomodation,we only have access to steel sheets ,angle bars etc.i can send a picture of one of our construction,so you can use to make design.
    Thanks

4. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

We can help, no doubt, in your project, naval architecture and construction plans. You can find more information about our works in "My Gallery" on this forum and on my website: http://657677483.wix.com/tansl
    I can send you additional information with a concrete example, if you provide me your email address.
    For privacy, you can contact my e.mail: 657677483@orange.es
    Regards

5. obi nwosu

obi nwosu Junior Member

Attached Files:

6. obi nwosu

obi nwosu Junior Member

pls tanks will be within the barge hold not on top pls
    thanks

7. obi nwosu

obi nwosu Junior Member

pls tanks will be within the barge hold not on top pls and will self propelled witha wheel house and atlest one bunker
    thanks

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.