Bloodwirth Brothers?

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by McNole, Dec 10, 2007.

1. McNole

McNole New Member

As posted earlier, I have come into possession of a PT-22 Mustang, built in 1970 by a company called PLAStrend. I found someone who used to own a PT-22 1965 who said that she thought that the boat was designed by the Bloodwirth Brothers. She also mentioned that she was under the impression that only a few hundred had ever been made. Any insight?

2. wernolabound

wernolabound New Member

Former PT22 (Plastrend "Mustang") owner

My family bought a new PT22 Mustang in the late 60's after a hurricane destoyed our Rhodes 19 in New Orleans. I grew up sailing the boat. I believe it was built in Fort Worth. The boat was fast but overpowered in a blow. The rudder was a bit small for the sail area. I read a story along the way about someone that crossed the Atlantic from Europe, the Northern route, in a "Mustang" and survived. It is hard to believe but I think it wa true. Shows you there are all kinds of idiots in this world............

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.