block assemble

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by Brian.Lin, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Brian.Lin

Brian.Lin Junior Member

Dear All,
    is there any document or book to talk about the block assemble?
    I want to know how to divide block in detail? I just know have to consider crane capacity, turnover site area. is there any detail have to consider?
    and, is there any assemble instrument or guideline we can study?

2. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Have you tried "Google", as this information is extremely commonly available, in countless texts on various subjects. Try "block and tackle" and work from there.

3. RAraujo

RAraujo Senior Member - Naval Architect

PAR, I believe he is not talking about that type of blocks...
    I think he is concerned about block division of the ship for building purposes...

4. Brian.Lin

Brian.Lin Junior Member

dear PAR,
    sorry for my misexpression.
    indeed, as RAraujo says, I want to know how to divide the ship block and how to assemble blocks.

hi, RAraujo,
    thx for your explain

5. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Are you receiving ship sections to be assembled/welded together? In that case the naval architect or engineer should give you instructions.

6. RAraujo

RAraujo Senior Member - Naval Architect

There is a bit assembly of panels and blocks in the reference below but, in general, it will depend on how large blocks you can handle and the practicality of working within such blocks i.e. you could build the whole ship as a single block but would that improve your working efficiency?

It will also depend on the level of outfitting you desire on each block, the stability of each block, etc.

upload_2018-4-24_13-29-23.png

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.