bleutooth

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by yipster, Sep 14, 2007.

1. yipster

yipster designer

a girlfrend said i needed this new old ericsson T610 mobil phone with camera ( and bleutooth i discovered )
    now i see 7 devices can wireless be hooked simultaniously and start wondering bout boat implementation
    guess you can drive your boat and control stereo from the joystick of your phone in the fishing tower, bye bye NMEA

2. TerryKing

TerryKing On The Water SOON

BleuTooth today..

The main Marine Bluetooth stuff I see is GPS receivers (Example: Garmin GPS-10) with bluetooth output. This is nice since the GPS unit can be mounted in the clear and have no data cables to a computer that displays the data, maps etc. See few references:

http://www.gps-abc.com/Bluetooth_GP...For_All.html?gclid=CPH6hoX8xI4CFQ1UTAodEzRA1A
    Another GPS from HoLux: http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/gr236.php

The prices are also lower than units with displays etc.. The Garmin is about $160 US.

I'm not sure I'd want 5 or 10 Bluetooth units monitoring engines and etc. on a boat.. What are the probabilities of interference??

Anyone using this stuff and have some experience??

3. yipster

yipster designer

thanks for the update Terry as i do need a new GPS and did not know bleutooth is allready used.
    medical use and barcode readers also use the radio signal so if gps makes it wireless to nav and pc
    the link to for example autopilot and more is or will be there soon also i guess
    only this week i learned about bleutooth and by cristmas rednose may be new
    but till than yes; "Anyone using this stuff and have some experience??"

4. yipster

yipster designer

radio signal range vary's with equipment from 1 to 100 meter and i hear bluetooth printers are getting popular

5. TerryKing

TerryKing On The Water SOON

Signal Range

I need to understand this better. Bluetooth, Wireless USB, ZigBee, YadaYada.

I would like to find an easy-to-implement way of doing wireless NMEA onboard that would be reliable. Less onboard wires are better, for install time, retrofit time, and lightning time :)

6. yipster

yipster designer

eh? yadayada zigby?

i too like to get a better understanding on wireless and was thinking of a NMEA/bleutooth interface
    after asking around at the mets i havent found bleutooth, but did find wired to wireless

7. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

I think there are some bluetooth GPs's. Primarily to get over the USB /serial232 port conversion problems for Cmap /lap top configerations.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.