blackhawk drives

Discussion in 'Propulsion' started by powerquest29, Sep 1, 2011.

1. powerquest29

powerquest29 New Member

What happened to blackhawk drives?

2. powerabout

powerabout Senior Member

As usual the boat builders couldnt handle the technology so either no boats to install in or installed in wrong hulls and bad performance

Attached Files:

3. IMP-ish

IMP-ish powerboater

The Black Hawk was a nice piece of engineering. I have a mechanic who still tells me I should go black hawk every time we talk and I talk about wanting surface drives on my next boat. Parts, parts, and props I worry are drying up.

The black hawk does connect to a standard bravo transom assembly. I've heard people retrofit the blackhawk with no changes and like it. Pachanga 22. Old Cigarette 20. Donzi 22 Classic. However, factory the drive had a higher transom cutout and rocker added to the hull to lift the bow because the black hawk doesn't have the bow lift of a stern drive.

4. powerquest29

powerquest29 New Member

Ok thanks. Would you buy a blackhawk boat today?

5. IMP-ish

IMP-ish powerboater

If it was on the right boat I would.
    Then I would keep my eyes open for a second Black Hawk and prop set to keep on the shelf for a spare. They will go up in price as they become harder to find.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.