Love my Mako but

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by 3 boat guy, Jun 16, 2010.

1. 3 boat guy

3 boat guy New Member

I restored this 1973 20ft Mako completely last season but my passenger pedistal seat is loose and starting to crack the floor. Hesitant to un bolt it to take a look at fastners ( don't want to loose nuts!) any insight appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. mark775

mark775 Guest

IMO, it is loose because there is a rotten plywood backing plate or the (cored?) deck has rot. There is a fuel tank access under the console? Either that way or cut a hole in the fish box just aft of the pedistal (easier to repair than deck).

3. 3 boat guy

3 boat guy New Member

mako repair

i removed the console and replaced the fuel cell last year ,I think the fish box access is a great idea Thanks you

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.