Bitten by the bug...

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by Pengyou, Apr 27, 2019.

1. fallguy

fallguy Senior Member

This is pretty much my attitude, but I am a landlocked landlubber.

If I lived near the right place, a houseboat would be preferred to a cabin. In fact, this is what we see at the places I houseboat. A few of the locals have houseboats on docks and they pay for dockage and then they use them several times during the boating season. For people further away; a narrow towable houseboat is possible, but heavy tow equipment is also then needed, and you are stuck with narrow boats.

The situation for houseboat ownership and use is to each person, but living nearer to the desired boating area or having a season to spend on the boat important.

The boats I rent are 12-14' wide, too wide for typical road travel without permitting.

2. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

What is the rental charge, Fallguy ?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.