Jeff Turner

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by rubyjeaan, Mar 20, 2012.

1. rubyjeaan

rubyjeaan Junior Member

Still can't reach jeff @ Cross Trimarins. Anyone have an Idea of how to get in touch w/ him. E-Mail doesn't seem to be working..Michael..

2. cavalier mk2

cavalier mk2 Senior Member

I've sent an email to Joe at outrig.org to see if they have heard anything. The boatdesign.net thread from 2010 mentioned he had been having identity theft problems and couldn't access his email. Hopefully he'll surface or if he is calling it quits donate the plans to the Mariners Museum so they can be preserved. Let us know if you hear from him.

3. cavalier mk2

Joe Farinaccio at outrig,org replied that he had been in touch with Jeff Turner many months ago who said his web site had been hacked but the problem was resolved. Then he became "unreachable" again. So it sounds like someone in Jeff's area is going to have to track him down....

4. rubyjeaan

rubyjeaan Junior Member

Thank You for your help.. Michael

5. rubyjeaan

rubyjeaan Junior Member

I've now givven up, just ordered from Ed Horstman..Sorry Jeff

Michael..

6. Steve W

Steve W Senior Member

Which one of the Tri star plans did you order Michael? Good boats btw.
    Steve.

7. rubyjeaan

rubyjeaan Junior Member

MT 26 folding, I wanted to be able to cruise more places without being stuck sailing forever to get there. IE being able to travel coast to coast. Tired of the fact I need a travel lift. I'll post more as the project starts..Michael..

8. cavalier mk2

Good decision, good boat plus Ed is still here to help with questions. The folding gear looks within the range of any good fabricator. You could even cut the pieces then take them to the welder.

9. rubyjeaan

rubyjeaan Junior Member

My brother I both have very good welding skills w/ tig experince, also have a small machine shop here. We have both built many boats w/ steel, alum,FRG, and cold mould. I've alway's loved boat building. Worked most of my life as a general contractor. once owned a high steel co., licensed to 20 story's. I've only built one tri in my life though, a cross 18 built w/ 1/8" okumme ply and expoxy. Was a fun boat, but very wet. at that point went back to mono's. I think I probaly missed out on a lot of fun. Thank you..
    Michael..

10. cavalier mk2

Sounds like you're good for a trailer too Michael ;) I'd look for a used one to modify.....It is hard to compete with the smaller Horstmans for room,performance and straightforward build. They really are a good all rounder. If you tow the boat becomes your camper....I think you'll have fun with the build and sail.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.