Bilge pumps

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by leslielp, Oct 17, 2013.

1. leslielp

leslielp Junior Member

Hi all, I want to start off by saying that I use Rule pumps for bilges, only because that is apparently the best out there! I have recently been looking at Vetus bilge pumps as an alternative, they are about a 1/4 the price:) but I do not know how good they are:confused: Tried to scour the web to find answers but to no avail. Can anybody out there shed some light for me??
    Thanks!!

2. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member

Vetus equipment is generally high quality and expensive .Dont know thier bilge pumps. They would be worth a look.

3. Red Right Return

Red Right Return Junior Member

Same. I always buy rule because that's what I've always had. Vetus is a good brand name and I'd look at their pump for that savings where you are at. I always add a second pump with its own auto switch wired directly to the battery. Cheap insurance.

4. Vulkyn

Vulkyn Senior Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.