Big progress on my solar driven pontoon river boat

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Jon E, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Jon E

Jon E Junior Member

Thank you! I have soon finished a motorized 8 meter sculler hull i will use as a "testbed" for future projects. It will probable see water in a couple of weeks. :)

Attached Files:

• 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      419.6 KB
      Views:
  2. serow

serow Junior Member

How robust are these panels? I've no experience of them but assumed they would crack if walked on/Fallen on.

Bye the way I should have said well done. You have made something that is sensible even though it can clearly be improved, which, after all is the object of the exercise.

3. Jon E

Jon E Junior Member

You can lean gently on the panels. I know they are walked on by kids, because i saw the shoe marks in the dust on the panels:) Maybe five - sex years old kids. I was very lucky they did not cracked.

Earlier one panel has been cracked by kids throwing a sharp stone. It was only 3 x 5 cm. The panel was replaced.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.