Bez 14 foot trailer sailer question

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by rob finn, May 6, 2006.

1. rob finn

rob finn New Member

hi,can you help ,i need info on how to rigg the boom to the stern of my boat,the boats a project and bits are missing and im not sure what i need as am new to sailing.:confused:

2. dimitarp

dimitarp Junior Member

Do you have any picture or drawings?

3. hansp77

hansp77

Many options rob,
    depends on what you want,
    you could go with what it originally had- what ever that was
    or you could go with something different.

For example, You could just have a simple one block rig attatched to one point on your stern (or otherwise),
    or you could put a traveller in somewhere,
    probably other options too.

I am no expert, but am considering where to change the position of my traveler (from the annoying position of right in the middle of the cockpit).

As dimitarp said, post some pictures if you can, and also the exact details of the boat, design etc, construction etc... The more information you give, the better chance you have of getting the advice you are after.
    Also, probably very important for anyone to advise you on this,
    what use do you intend for this boat? What conditions etc.. Do you want to cruise with minimum effort, or do you want to push your boat to go fast with a more complicated set up?
    Not many people have bottomless pockets, but, how much do you want to spend on this?
    Have you budgeted? (not that I properly did)
    Do you have a good idea of what else is missing yet?

Good luck.
    Hans.

4. rob finn

rob finn New Member

hi Hans,thanks for your advise i will get some pictures and more info together and put it on the forum,thanks again,yours Rob

5. rob finn

rob finn New Member

hi Dimitarp,i will put some pictures and more info on the forum soon,thanks ,yours Rob

6. Adam H

Adam H New Member

Rob - Hopefully you have read the reports of the problems with the Bez and you have made necessary changes to ensure your safety.

This boat type has been capsized and in both cases needed external assistance to recover the boat. In one of the cases there were 2 fatalities.

Don't skimp on the problem fixes - it is your life you have on board your Bez....

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.