I do not think that you allow to post what not belong to you!

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Sean Herron, Mar 13, 2005.

1. Sean Herron

Sean Herron Senior Member

Hello...

See http://www.boatdesign.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/2712/sort/1/cat/500/page/1 ...

Now here we are again up against the old arguement of intellectual property and its inherent lack of legal definintion or re-definition after Ford ripped off Benz....

I download a Diogene drawing and modify it to a personal vision of a small O/B powered commuter I have had in the back of head for some time - OK, initially I did not credit or provide a link to Diogene Marine - that was bad, and I have slapped my wrists - I thought it assumed...

The arguement goes much further though - anyone can do what I have done - do I need to credit the graphic designer Paul Saloman who created the original proposal for the P40 Warhawk paint in my little doodle of a Diogene redraw - the world will come to a halt - perhaps we need an entire government division devoted to intellectual property - so the rest of us can just SHARE IDEAS AS PEOPLE DO...

Anyway I am going sailing...

Right...

SH.

2. mackid068

mackid068 Semi-Newbie Posts Often

Sean, do what you like. Just credit the original idea or basis for your redesign. That's all. NO outright copying, though.

3. yipster

yipster designer

and you missed the cherry :D
    [​IMG]

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.