Software for calculating the form and size for RIB tubes.

Discussion in 'Software' started by Nod, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Nod

Nod New Member

Hello, I am looking for Software for calculating the form and size for RIB tubes so I can cut them with CNC cutter. Thanks :)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
  2. pafurijaz

pafurijaz Senior Member

Hi no one answered but these type of shape is very simple to calculate with many software even with polygonal based modelling applications. You can try even with metal sheet development a features available on most mechanical CAD modelling. You can try even a FreeCAD or others freeware. and if you need an help maybe I can make a sample developable rib in Blender an application that I can menage well.

below some useful links for calculation of cylinder and cone with math.
    Solid Geometry Calculators https://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculators/geometry-solids/
    Cylinder - Geometry Calculator https://rechneronline.de/pi/cylinder.php

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  3. pafurijaz

pafurijaz Senior Member

4. Nod

Nod New Member

Thank you very much. Do you know if there are some samples on the web such as this on the photo which I can edit because I've never used a software such as Blender?

5. Dr34m3r

Dr34m3r Senior Member

Rhino can do too or Delftship. if you need support ( not free) ask me.

6. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Software won't give you shape and size unless you have proper data to enter. In short, it won't design the tubes for you. The shape and size will be determined by the requirements of the boat, and what influence the tubes have on them.

pafurijaz likes this.

7. pafurijaz

pafurijaz Senior Member

No ther'isent but if you give me some specs. I can make some test and maybe I also can give you some advice in order to perform that indipendetly, with Blender or FreeShip an other freeware software but for this tasks I think Blender can do that easily and make the final cutting dxf file.
    Now I'm a bit busy with a yacht design for an other but I want make a tutorial soon as I can

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.